Show bar 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question Yo. New and looking for advice.
Hoi all, you have another cancerous newbie in your midst, so that's gonna be fun to live with.

With that declaration out of the way, I've been wondering what you people suggest as the best general and decks for someone who just started out. I hear a lot of Kara Winterblade being the best, but I'm just more used to the Abyss playstyle (Zerg Rush Supreme). However, considering how piss poor I am at making decks, I could only make it up to rank 19 before the standard Abyss deck I used until then clearly wouldn't make the cut anymore.

So far I've unlocked the second general of the Abyss which I've tried, terribly not a fan because I am just completely trash at playing control decks, meaning the first one is more my speed.

In bullet point terms, what I prefer is:

-Being able to vomit my hand, at least to some extent, to force early game pressure
-Not being depending on costly creatures, as I'm near-certain an error on my part will cause a stupid death (hence my adoration for the replaceable Wraithlings).
-Swarm tactics. If the opponent has a huge beast that I have no chance of beating with my little people, I have no problem boxing them out. The boxing even extends to the general, where I'd regularly do so while I wait to shove a Dragonbone Golem in with them and complicate the issue further, the main tactic I go through with right now.
-Map dominance. I seek it, again, through numbers. The Zerg. If any of you are familiar with MTG, I mostly played a near-pure zombie deck that revolved around Endless Ranks of the Dead, effectively causing immense numbers of tiny zombies beating down my opponent.

I'm not opposed to leaving the Abyssian front, by the by, it's just what strikes me as best for now. If venturing into a different tactic is strictly superior, well, I should learn to adapt. THis is just to say that I'm open to all suggestions and the things listed above are preferences. Thanks in advance.

Yes I've done all the challenges and do plan on ranking up all the generals anyways
Hi.

In general, play what you enjoy the most, unless you want to jump into the tournament sceen quickly or something similar.

But for newcomers I'd always recommend Lyonar (Argeon) midrange decks, they have the highest basic minion quality - e.g. the best 2 drop in the game (Windblade Adept), one of the best 3 drops (Silverguard Knight) and the best damage spell if you have high health minions, even basic golems (Divine Bond). Kara midrange is another great choice because her BBS is powerful with basics such as Saberspine Tigers, Primus Shieldmasters, etc. Any minion can be made to work with her, depending on how long do you hold it in hand. With both generals you should be able to reach at least Gold (10) if you use good budget decks.

Abyssian is my favorite faction to play and I started with swarm as well, I also liked that tactic. However, when I learned the game more and more, I realised that the strength of this faction are cards that are expensive. It has the best legendaries which win you games alone - Spectral Revenant being the most important one. Swarm is carried by rare cards - Bloodmoon Priestess mainly. If you don't have it - you should get it ASAP. Here's an exemplary budget deck that should work on the ladder:
[Image: 17318f3f928b24e1248fb15b53487692.png]
(31.07.2016, 23:54)Destroy666 Wrote: Hi.

In general, play what you enjoy the most, unless you want to jump into the tournament sceen quickly or something similar.

But for newcomers I'd always recommend Lyonar (Argeon) midrange decks, they have the highest basic minion quality - e.g. the best 2 drop in the game (Windblade Adept), one of the best 3 drops (Silverguard Knight) and the best damage spell if you have high health minions, even basic golems (Divine Bond). Kara midrange is another great choice because her BBS is powerful with basics such as Saberspine Tigers, Primus Shieldmasters, etc. Any minion can be made to work with her, depending on how long do you hold it in hand. With both generals you should be able to reach at least Gold (10) if you use good budget decks.

Abyssian is my favorite faction to play and I started with swarm as well, I also liked that tactic. However, when I learned the game more and more, I realised that the strength of this faction are cards that are expensive. It has the best legendaries which win you games alone - Spectral Revenant being the most important one. Swarm is carried by rare cards - Bloodmoon Priestess mainly. If you don't have it - you should get it ASAP. Here's an exemplary budget deck that should work on the ladder:
[Image: 17318f3f928b24e1248fb15b53487692.png]

Big Edit. I ended up having enough for all the cards. Woo. Thanks a lot!
I may end up building KAra as a back up deck later on. Would you have any suggestions for that as well? I'm super sorry if I'm asking for too much.
E.g. this one:
[Image: 19b8f28cdd42119505db1cf7cec9c3ff.png]
(01.08.2016, 16:30)Destroy666 Wrote: E.g. this one:
[Image: 19b8f28cdd42119505db1cf7cec9c3ff.png]

I seriously can't thank you enough. Talk about a stellar impression as my first time around here. I don't want it to sound like you have to impress me, but I'm just impressed all the same.

Hopefully I'll be able to learn a bit from this end and start building my own once I can start stacking Spirit.